Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Variety


I always notice the biggest difference when I do a variety of workouts.  Not to mention, it keeps things interesting for me!  Yesterday I incorporated a lot of my stroller fitness exercises into my workout.

Let me just tell you for a minute how much I LOVE my gym.  A lot of stroller mommies love working out with their kiddos when the weather is nice but struggle when it starts getting darker earlier and when the weather gets colder.  I just assumed that strollers were not allowed in my gym and boy did I assume wrong! I recently found out that strollers are allowed on the bottom track and basketball courts.  I've been dropping my oldest daughter, Sonoma, off at the gym daycare, and taking the double jogging stroller and my newborn, Cora, to the downstairs track.  It's AWESOME!  Yesterday I had three basketball courts and an entire track all to myself.  I have been trying to ease into things and here was my workout yesterday:

* 1 mile running at a fast pace
* 1/2 mile of sprinting the straight-a-ways and jogging the turns
* 1 lap of walking lunges with a glute squeeze lift, up on to your toe on the straight-a-ways
* 30 seconds of wall sits alternating 30 seconds of wall jumps  ( The goal is to get my intervals back to at   least 60 seconds )
* 1 lap of walking lunges with a glute squeeze lift, up on to your toe on the straight-a-ways
* 30 seconds of wall sits alternating 30 seconds of wall jumps
* 1/2 mile cool down
*Stretching

Yesterday was my wedding anniversary, so my husband, Marcus, and I indulged in a delicious dinner of take-out from a nearby restaurant, along with wine and dessert, so I've been trying to make up for it by eating extra healthy today.

Since some of you have asked, here is an excerpt from last week out of my shared food and workout diary so you can see an example of what it looks like for one day:

-----------------------------------------------
Lindy:
Breakfast: 90 cal yogurt mixed w/ maple walnut chia & quinoa granola & coffee w/ Splenda & sugar-free creamer
Lunch: quesadillas - low carb wrap, black beans, cheese, yellow peppers, salsa, EVOO, blue chips & salsa
Snack: diet hot chocolate w/ h2O & ff whipped cream
Dinner: baked chicken breast, orzo blend with carrots, peppers, spinach and chick peas
Workout: 1 hour cardio cross train class - intervals of cardio followed by intervals of strength training with light weights and body resistance (aka boot camp)

------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment