Friday, October 26, 2012

Stuck in a Rut?

Are you stuck in a rut? For the past two weeks I felt like I wasn't making any progress. I wasn't eating any more or worse, I wasn't exercising any less, but I also wasn't losing any weight.
Just like the last time I was trying to lose my baby weight, I eventually plateaued and had to make some drastic changes to lose the last of the weight. For the past four days I made the changes and I have already lost 6 pounds. I knew it would work, but it was just a matter of getting motivated.

1.) Cut out all "bad" (simple) carbs. No white breads, pastas, rice. If I am going to eat carbs, I make sure they are the healthy, complex ones. Such as a whole wheat pasta or bread. I've also switched things up and have been eating a lot of  low-carb wraps filled with a scrambled egg, laughing cow cheese wedge and a fresh salsa. Wraps and eggs are a diet favorite of mine.

2.) No late night snacking/eating. If I have to eat something it's either a yogurt (have you tried the 90 calorie Yoplait Pumpkin Pie? SO yummy) or a diet hot chocolate made with water.

3.) Increase my daily water intake.

4.) Add a second workout. Even if it's just an extra walk at the end of the day with my dog, I do something more. Burn more calories. I also do random squats and planks throughout the day whenever I can squeeze them in.

5.) Cut out the desserts! For me, that also means the snack times with Sonoma. No more animal crackers, graham crackers, fruit snacks, etc. I will eventually add them back in, but not yet. If I need something sweet, it's the diet hot chocolate, a skinny latte, yogurt or a 60 calorie jello pudding cup.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment