Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Today's Goal: GET OUTSIDE!




Are the temperatures unusually high for October where you live? If so, GET OUTSIDE!!! Grab your stroller if you can today during the day, or as soon as you get home from work! I think today ill take the kids to a park, so I can use that as a reward if Sonoma is good in the stroller. I also like to be near a park or somewhere that has benches, so I can stop along the way on my run or walk and do push-ups, tricep dips, planks, or step-ups on the benches. I also carry a couple of my resistance bands with me in my stroller, but they somehow got lost in our move this winter and I must find them ASAP!

The earlier you get your baby use to being in the stroller, the better off you will be in the long run. I started running and doing stroller fitness with Sonoma at 8 weeks and she started doing super long runs with me at 15 months when I began my half marathon training. She was usually always good for at least an hour in the stroller. However, now that she's in the terrible twos, I can only count on her for a happy 30 (45 if I'm lucky!) minutes with an extra special snack. The days of Cheerios are over!

When I worked full-time, I was really good about planning out my workouts every week and sticking to it. I also worked out on my lunch break which I HIGHLY recommend if you work full time. I can't tell you enough how efficient my lunchtime workouts were, how much more energy I had and how much quicker my days went by! However, life at home with a toddler and a newborn can be quite unpredictable, so I can't really plan out my workouts anymore. I try to throw on workout clothes every morning so I can be ready to exercise whenever my window of opportunity approaches. It's tiring trying to time my workouts after a nursing session and then packing everyone up to head out, but I know it will get easier and I always feel SO much better afterwards.

Try to enjoy this warm weather and take advantage of it while you can.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment