Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mid-Week Check-In!

Happy Halloween!  How's everyone's week going?  I know I ate some treats over the weekend, so I am trying extra hard to be good this week, but it is definitely hard with Halloween here!  Halloween takes on a whole new meaning once you have kids.  I've been making treats for Sonoma's class party, buying lots of candy in anticipation of trick-or-treaters, and whipping up some of the yummy fall recipes (damn you Pinterest!) that I've been wanting to make for my family.  We were so busy all weekend that I didn't have time to workout, so I worked out hard-core on Monday at the gym by myself.  Today I only had time to work-out at home for about 20 minutes while Cora took a cat-nap, but I made sure to use my time wisely. Even if you can't get to a class at the gym, or get that full workout in by yourself that you really wanted, it's important to just do SOMETHING whenever you can.  Today, I turned on some music, grabbed my free weights, and did intervals of weights mixed with jumping rope, planks, jumping jacks, squats and lunges.  Yes, I had to stop about a dozen times to stick the pacifier back in Cora's mouth, but I felt so much better after.  Not to mention, I cleaned the house which I am positive burned lots of calories!

Remember, once Thanksgiving and Christmas are here, it's a lot harder to be strict about diets and workouts with all of the hustle and bustle going on.  I'm trying hard to work my butt off now, so I can relax and enjoy myself during the end of November and throughout December.

My best friend Erin's wedding is this coming weekend and I am 8 pounds away from my pre-pregnacny weight. While I know I won't be there by this weekend, I will be close enough and that makes me pretty happy.  I know I have to work extra hard to lose the last of this weight, but being down in the single digits now has motivated me even more!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween and don't eat too much candy!  =)

1 comment:

  1. you are a ROCK STAR!!! 8 pounds! Get it GIRL!!! woohoo! love this new blog, Lindy!

    ReplyDelete