Friday, November 9, 2012

Back at it....Then Back Down...

Since my last post, a lot has happened!  My in-laws were in town for four days, helping us prepare for our weekend away at my best friend's wedding.  They stayed with our girls, so Marcus and I could attend the wedding and I could fulfill my Matron of Honor duties.  We had a fabulous weekend away at a beautiful wedding.


Coming back home and getting into the swing of things was quite challenging with the in-laws leaving, us returning, daylight savings time and the start of two new activities for Sonoma.  I finally was feeling good and organized come Wednesday, went to Zumba on Wednesday night, and BAM, I came down with mastitis again yesterday and today I am starting antibiotics and sick at home.  I'm really bummed, because after taking a week off from eating super healthy and working out, I was happy to be back at it.  Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to work out until next week, and now I will have to spend the weekend resting and taking care of myself.  Moms should NOT be allowed to get sick.  And I was finally getting back in shape and feeling good!  What a bummer.  

In other news, I will try to ocassionally share some yummy, healthy recipes that I cook for my family since so many of you are always asking what I eat!  We love mexican nights, so I am always on the hunt for new mexican dishes.  I found a great casserole, which always works well for my toddler, and we all ended up really loving this dish:


( I did not use chilis, and I did use some low-sodium taco seasoning, which I recommend.  Or you could make your own seasoning.  I used some fresh salsa on top as well. )



No comments:

Post a Comment