Thursday, November 15, 2012

Ready, Set, Race!

With the holidays rolling around, I don't want to lose sight of my weight loss goals. I still have 7 pounds to go and for me, those 7 pounds are crucial. I made the decision it's time to start running again and sign up for some races!  First up is the Turkey Trot back home in Bloomington, IN.  What better way to start off the holiday than with running a 5K? Next up, the nation's largest half marathon!  I just submitted my application for the Indianapolis Mini Marathon, a race I've been looking forward to running in for quite some time.  I used to live in the city of Indy, so it's a special place for me.  I also needed a new goal, something to train for and to look forward to. I am a little concerned about training in the winter/spring since I have a feeling a lot of my runs will be late at night on a treadmill, unless we have some warm weather and I can take the girls. It will be interesting doing a lot of my training runs with a double stroller, but I'm up for the challenge.  I appreciate my good health and I love pushing my body to its limits.  I also plan on doing a couple of local races here  to prepare for the half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment